CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Deep Thoughts With Disco Mommy



A little bit from my brain this morning.

Megan’s hernia hasn’t closed, going for a consult with the surgeon :0( We already know that this will mean putting her to sleep for the procedure. I am not comfortable with that idea. I might ditch the appointment and go to Disneyland instead! She will love me more for that!

Baseball is not Dylan’s strong sport but he sure knows how to hustle. And he is loving every minute of it. I am not happy about him sitting in tar on opening day in the $27 pants we were forced to buy (apparently the $9 from Sports Chalet are not good enough for Seaview). If you don't recognize him at the game, he is the one who looks like he had diarrhea and mom forgot to wash his pants. Yep, that's my son!

Spring break starts for me in 11 days. That’s when I start operation purge. This house is bursting at the seams. I might even rent a dumpster!

I like the name Darcy. Can someone I know please name their daughter this?

My husband is awesome! I am so proud to be his wife!

Megan is sick which means I need someone to bring her some movies from Blockbuster…otherwise I will be stuck listening to Sponge Bob for the next 24 hours. Someone have mercy on me!

It also means the kids missed the last day in the old Treehouse at FCC since Jon is working. Both are really bummed about this. I am sure they will forget all about it when they see the new one next week! (Update: I am surrounded by amazing friends and want to thank Deena for taking Dylan with her family to FCC this morning. You are awesome!)

It also means I miss my softball game and Dylan’s basketball awards & party. Bummer for both of us. My grandma will take Dylan so he will have someone there to watch him win his award. He is gunning for most Christlike but will probably get most improved or most enthusiastic or something like that! Again, loves the sport but not really his strength.

On the plus side of the fever, I will have plenty of time stuck at home today to work on some school projects. Only 3 left to go for the quarter! (Update...2 left for the quarter! At this rate I might even get my taxes done in time! Whoa, slow down Gina, let's not get to optimistic!)

I got a new wardrobe this week. For free. Clothing swap parties rock! I want to plan one for this summer. Ladies, save everything you don't want! You WILL come to this! You can't afford not to!

Why do I waste my time playing bejewled? I do not have that kind of time to waste. But when the brain freezes, I go there to clear things up so I can continue working.

There is a strange phenonemon I experience every time the time changes. I walk around all day in a foggy state, questioning every clock I see. Time feels a bit surreal to me. And I am always hungry. Maybe I am just trying to justify that I am eating breakfast again at 9:30 because my body thinks it's 8:30 and I ate my last breakfast at 5:30 when my body thought it was 4:30 which is basically a middle of the night snack. And I am always tired. Granted my daughter had me up at 5:30 (meaning 4:30 to my brain) but I am still tired all day when the clocks change. No matter what time I go to bed or get up or think it is or think it's not. I just want to sleep. Boy do I wish is were raining and both kids were sick (Did I just say that?). Then we could all sleep all day. But now it's time to get back to work. Or is it time? I don't know. I don't really believe what the clock is telling me anyway.

Other than that…I got nothin’.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh dear - I'm so sorry to hear about Megan - I didn't know about this hernia...

with regard to movies - I have some and would be happy to bring them over any time! What does she like? We have disney, a couple Barbie princess - some live/animation (Cats and Dogs or Stuart Little, etc.)

Let me know!!!

Billy and Laurel said...

Poor Megan! Poor Gina! Ouch on the $27 pants...the farther you go in baseball you'll find that it nickel and dimes you to death in $30-$50 increments. By the time you hit highschool it starts hitting in $300 increments. And I agree with Bejewelled...its great for destressing and focusing the mind. However, I now see jewels when I close my eyes and find myself daydreaming about strategy. Is that bad?

--Laurel