CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Randomness


I often don’t blog because I can’t come up with a witty title for the topic. Titles are important. They can make or break the whole piece. So sometimes I just delete what I wrote and figure I will tell you all in person what was on my mind that day. That never happens. So my thoughts just build up and are then spewed in one rambling blog I like to call…randomness.

I play little games with myself.
When I get gas, I push no receipt and then try to get back in my car and close the door before it beeps 3 times to tell me thank you. I am always disappointed when the beeps win. Sometimes I will flush the toilet before getting into the shower just to see if I can perfectly time when to turn the water temperature down so I don’t get scalded.

I wonder…at what point are you considered “elderly”. Is it by the way you walk, when you retire, your age? Who determines that someone will be called elderly in a newspaper article about them?

Which reminds me, at what point does a garage sale become an estate sale?

I love that the mannequins at Sport Chalet have muscles. That is a realistic mannequin in my book.

I have recently learned that you do not have to be very smart to be a notary. All you need is an ink pad and a bunch of pens. No brains required.

My son wanted to see how the female gondolier’s dress in Italy for a school project. Without my knowledge he googled “Italy girls” then clicked on images. There were a lot of interesting pictures for him to peruse. Thankfully the one he chose to open was just of a pregnant belly. He thought it was funny enough to call me into the room where I quickly quit his search and reminded him he needs permission before Googling ANYTHING!. Close call!

I come up with some really good thoughts in the shower. I forget them before I am finished drying my hair. I will be very happy when they invent a water proof laptop I can use in the shower so I can share my randomness with you more frequently.

I scratched an itch. My Mom took me to Jimmy Buffet as a mother’s day treat to us. I have never been to Buffet. It was exactly as I expected. And I got to introduce concert Gina to concert Peg. WOW! That was interesting. Now I know where I get it! Except concert Gina never yells at the drunk teens dancing wildly next to her. She usually just joins right in and makes friends with them. Otherwise, concert Peg had a great time! So did concert Gina!

I don’t use Twitter. I signed up a few months back because the Great Urban Race was having a virtual race and you had to post your pictures on Twitter. I never did anything with it. But I do think it is cool that about once a week I get and e-mail that says someone is following me! WOW! My website with nothing on it actually has fans! I am awesome!

I love going to college! I got asked to join a Sorority a few weeks ago. I felt special! They didn’t want me when I was their age but they want me now! Do you think it’s because I am old enough to buy them beer?

My college houses the Los Angeles County High School for Performing Arts. You can imagine the colorful characters that go to this school. I say that with love because my younger siblings both graduated from this high school. Nonetheless, there are some interesting kids roaming the halls when I get to campus. They get out at 4:00 just when I am arriving for class. One of my classes is at the end of a long hall that is lined with lockers. On most Monday’s I spend my time walking that hall staring straight ahead. I just cannot bring myself to witness the saliva exchanges that are happening all over the place. Really, I am not a prude but there is something about watching teenagers with green hair making out. It is just wrong. So I avoid looking. But if by chance some decent youngster is opening their locker to get out the reading material which will be required if they ever want to graduate, I sneak a peek just to see who the hottie is right now. I see posters of “Twilight” and Marilyn Manson. But I am yet to see High School Musical. You would think at a school that focuses on the talents of impressionable kids, you would have a large fan base for this important cinematic accomplishment. I mean seriously, he plays basketball AND sings. WOW! How can they not like this movie???!!!

Oh and as a bonus, I am often treated to naked teenagers in the bathroom! I am rushing to class and they are in there changing into tights, costumes, whatever nonsense they can create. And they sing! YES! They make beautiful naked music! Can’t a lady use the restroom in peace?

FYI-today is Evan’s birthday, Prom tickets were reduced to $90 and yearbooks can still be purchased for $80. I can bring home a flyer if you are interested in any of this!

So here I sit, waiting for the most boring class of my college career to begin. I am remembering when I was one of those teenagers making out by the locker. Ick! I would like to publicly apologize to all my high school teachers for all they had to witness. And on that note…have a happy day!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I am having a rough day.

I came home and turned on some 'help me get out of here i'm a celebrity' show to try not to think about anything...

that was awful.

so i turned on the bachelorette. it is better.

then i turned on the blog and found a gina michell 'random' blog. they are my favorite.

this made me smile several times on a night when i thought a smile was not possible. i might have even chuckled aloud once. had it been a normal day...i'd been in tears laughing by now.

so all that to say...thank you for not deleting this blog. i needed it.

have a good class. love ya.

Heidi said...

I love your random thoughts...

Keep them coming!

Billy and Laurel said...

What can I say? I love your randomness. When you invent the shower laptop...let me know. Even better come up with a latop...or even a program that records all the great ideas I get in the middle of the night. (And promptly forget later.)

--Laurel