CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Oops!

I made a mistake today. it is the type of mistake I do not make often and I am very disappointed with myself. It was a mistake the involves money. This is not like me. Let me set the stage.

After a really good workout on the Edwards Hill (I ran up and down 5 times!), I set out with my list of Thrift Stores in hand to find a Disco Dress. (Thanks Connie for the hot tip!) My first stop was to get gas. While it pumped I realized the Goodwill was across the street. I decided to give it a whirl even though I truely did not believe I would find anything there.

I didn't get a cart, I really wasn't going to find anything. On the way over to the dresses my eye caught a brown 70's polyester striped shirt that I thought would be perfect with a retro skirt. I grabbed it just for giggles. Over at the dresses I found dress after dress that would be perfect! I couldn't believe how many tacky disco dresses there were! Before long my hands were full! I went over to the skirts, stopping to get a cart on the way. I found a few options and a pair of shiny shorts. I went into the dressing room with an enormous pile of clothes! I was getting gitty!

After half hour of separating into yes, no, and maybe piles I had narrowed it down to 3 options (actually 4 if you include the extra dress I am buying for my date with my Hubby on Thursday). There is a wild dress with a plunging neckline, the shirt I spotted with the shiny shorts, and a denim dress belted in the middle. The last one would need the right accessories to really make it Disco worthy, but I thought my hubby might like the "tameness" of this option.

I call my stylist Kristi for help but she is not available to answer the phone at either of her phone numbers...figures. So I have a brilliant idea, buy all 3, see if Kristi can come by sometime in the next few days to help me pick one, then take the other 2 back. So I carefully read the return policy, and go pay for $53 worth of clothes. I come home, squeeze into my girtle, and start trying them on with my shoes. After that, I casually looked at the receipt to see how much each piece cost and them WHAM...it hit me! I had completely misread the return policy! I thought it said the only thing you can't return is electronics when in fact that is the only thing to CAN return! OOPS!!!! I am stuck! STUCK STUCK STUCK!! I am stuck with these clothes and now cannot even think about going to look for another outfit that I might like better. I am sooooooooo mad at myself. I do not make mistakes about money. I don't have enough to just throw around like that!

Thankfully hubby likes with shiny shorts with the shirt, the denim dress will look really cute at church this summer, and the wild one will fit one of YOU when we go dancing for my 35th birthday! I am happy about the shiny shorts option because I love my legs and I don't have to wear a girdle with the outfit! YAY!

Did I mention the shiny shorts are actually a bathing suit bottom? HAHAHA!! But hey, it works!

4 comments:

Tena said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your outfit Gina!

Kristi said...

Okay. I am laughing out loud. Laughing. And so sorry I was not there for you in your big moment. I can still come over and check out ALL of your clothes though.

Hey, look at it this way...at least you made that mistake at Goodwill instead of some spendy store at Fashion Island and have 5300 worth of clothes that you can't return!!!

Oooh...any chance you could exchange? They have other cute stuff in there!!!

Sarah B. said...

Ok...I feel like this blog needs some pictures with it. I will be looking forward to pictures. :)

discomommy said...

People, you know I am in witness protection and do not allow myself to be photographed. Sorry to disappoint!