CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

What A Week!!

'Tis the Season to be Busy!

Wednesday night was the HCS Christmas performance at FCC. The kids did a great job! Dylan played Simeon in the speaking portion and did it flawlessly. He has an amazing memory. Tonight he recited all the verses of Luke telling of the coming of Jesus as told in the Peanuts movie. Just whipped them out of nowhere. He is gifted in that department. At the recital, Megan sang her heart out. She refused to look at us and smile. She would smile when her teacher told her to, but for us, she refused. I know she had a great time though! She loves performing as much as her brother.






Megan sings "Baby Jesus We Love You"



The other kids are singing. Dylan is entertaining the crowd!


Saturday night I took the kids to dinner at Daddy's work and then the Metrolink Train Toy Drive. The train pulls in decorated with thousands of lights. They do a little show including singing reindeer. So cute! We donate toys to the Irvine firefighters Spark of Love Toy Drive.

The firefighters handed out hats and candy canes. The second picture is my grandmas attempt at taking a picture of me and the kids. Beautiful angle don't you think?




This afternoon we went to the HB Art Center to help with the preparations for the HB Rose Parade Float. I wanted the kids to be able to say "I decorated that!" when the float goes by. We chopped papaya that is being used to decorate the coral at the front of the float. Yeah, we did that! So fun. They also cut a few flowers that were then put into a blender and bagged up to be used in some unknown spot.




From there we walked Downtown and sat in our usual spot for the HB Christmas Parade. We ate a picnic on the sidewalk which was gross but still...tradition is tradition. The lady next to me overheard me talking to the kids and determined we were an FCC family. She is too! You never know who is watching! Thankfully my kiddos were on perfect behavior.

After the parade we froze our rears off at the pier watching the little show they do. We stay for the snowflake lighting, enduring the show is the cost of admission. It was a beautiful night. But the wind was biting cold. My toes are still trying to warm up.





It was a fun night!

So another story...during the entire hour we waited for the lighting, there was this guy watching us. I actually thought he was watching Dylan. He was right in my line of sight when I looked at the kids. I kept catching him staring at us. At one point he moved a bit in front of us and continued to look over his shoulder at us. I was very aware of him. So after the lighting, I took the sandwiches and cookies we had not eaten on our picnic and gave them to the homeless man that was sitting next to us during the show. When I stood up from the man, creepo was standing right in my face. He said...and I quote..."I do not want this to sound strange, but I have never seen such an amazing hunk of woman and family." WHAT? Hunk of woman? That's new. I smiled and said thank you. He was blocking our path. He said "don't be shy about it. You are obviously a good Mom and I enjoyed watching you and your children tonight". OK, still creepy but at least I am no longer a piece of meat. I said "Thank you. We try to shine from the inside out." That's when he leaned in close and said "Oh you do shine. Very brightly." I quickly stammered "Merry Christmas" (no longer smiling at him) and pulled the kids the other way. They were protesting that they had to go to the bathroom but I was taking the long way there for sure. The way that walked past a few dozen HB police officers. Take a look at these pictures, you can see him in the background looking at us. Needless to say I was looking over my shoulder the whole walk to the car! truth be told, I checked my rearview mirror the whole way home too.

(See him blurred in the background looking right at us??)


Now look right between the kids. There he is again. He just couldn't stop looking at us. (shiver)

AND Finally...This my friends is the face of someone who is happy to be done with her Vision class! It is also the picture I am asking Dr. Accetta to use on the cover of his next brochure advertising wrinkle cream and chemical peels. Maybe I'll give him one of my belly too! Just so he has a good sample for this Liposuction campaign.

7 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Yucky for creepy creepsters. But you are one hunk of a woman!..I am pretty sure that was meant as a compliment but he just didn't get the wording correct...lol.
And your children are adorable...seriously, you are going to have to watch out for Megan..she is a beauty and she looks so mature in her christmas program outfit.

VikingMom said...

First of all...seriously creepy. I agree with Sarah that you are one hunk of a woman, but the man had issues. I'm glad you made it back safely. Second of all...I'm lame. I didn't know that HB has a Christmas parade. Huh. Too bad the creepy man knew though!

Heidi said...

GINA! Oh man that is really scary. I'm glad you made it out of there safely...

And, to second Laurel, I had no idea that HB had a parade either.

But back to the creepy guy... dude. that is some scary stuff!

Sarah B. said...

Ha..I didn't want to say it but now I feel better..I didn't know HB had a christmas parade either...a friend just told me that they did it with the lighting of the pier...I grew up here..how did I not know this?

Sarah B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SingingShrink said...

do those cream things really work? I always have thought I should do something about the permanent raccoon circles under my lids. (robbie here)

SingingShrink said...

oh yeah, and somebody needs to tell that guy that "you're a hunk of woman" is not what every woman rolls out of bed hoping to hear each day.