CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bad Hair Day


Help! I have been having a bad hair day. No, scratch that, I have been having a bad hair life. I have really bad hair. I have no interest in having to style it, I have no fancy do, I have nothing. It is either down or in a pony tail. I can't even do my hair for a fancy event if I want to.

So I got a gift certificate for a haircut and highlights from a fancy salon. I have not been in a salon since my wedding 9 years ago. I hate sitting in chairs. I hate people I don't know telling me what would look good on me. I have the bright lights showing every one of my gazillion freckles. Salons give me nightmares. But I am going anyway. Any suggestions for what I should do? I am not a flip through a magazine and find the celebrity hairstyle I like type of person. Suggestions welcome and wanted. PLEASE HELP MY HAIR!!!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Hmmmm. I haven't seen you in 57 years so I don't remember what your hair looks like.

But, from what I can recall, I think you would look really cute with an A-line bob. You know, the kind that's longer in the front (like Jenny McCarthy). And - I think you would look great with some deep red highlights in your hair.

VikingMom said...

Since I'm hair clueless myself I'm not a big help here. I do say that you should enjoy your day of pampering...you deserve it!

Kristi said...

I was going to say exactly what heidi said... go shorter.

and don't worry... you won't look like me, i'm growing mine out.

but i think everyone needs a short, sassy do at some point.

today is your day

discomommy said...

I blew my chance to go bold, drastic or different. I got my hair back to my natural color, covered the gray and cut some layers. I did take 2 inches off which is not exactly a big whoop but at least it's shorter. Sorry to disappoint. I just knew I would not be happy with short hair!

discomommy said...

Oh and I was done in enough time to get a pedicure and waxing. THAT is what I live for!

Heidi said...

waxing is a terrifying concept.

Don said...

Heidi, you shouldn't have watched the 40 Year-Old Virgin!

Gina, we're glad you've got a much-deserved breather! Look forward to seeing your hair at the ladies luncheon today! :)