CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

By The Light Of The Moon...

...I try to sleep. But it doesn't happen.

12:15am-I crawl into bed. Fall asleep watching Chelsea Lately

1:32am-Boy child crawls into bed claiming a scary dream

2:13am-Girl child crawls into bed claiming a scary dream. I am sensing they are playing me for a fool.

2:38am-White dog barks to go pee. After discovering it is raining she starts playing. I am forced to go out in the cold wet grass to drag her in. I return to my bed only to discover the creatures have moved themselves into the small hole I was sleeping in. I have a choice of sleeping at the bottom of the bed or finding another place to go. I opt to sleep in D's bed.

3:09am-Cute dog barks to go pee. Seriously...you couldn't go half an hour ago? He is not fond of the rain. Stands at the door hesitating. Tired of waiting for him to stop being a wimp, I push him out into the rain. He does his business and I go back to Dylan's bed.

4:23-White dog wakes me up while trying to jump up into bed with me. What??!!!

5:30-on the nose...sub line calls to see if I can work today. NO!!!!!!!!!

6 o'something (I have no decided to stop looking at the clock) boy child discovers I am gone and comes to sleep in his bed with me.

6 o'2 minutes later girl child makes the same discovery. I am now squished in a twin bed between these monsters.

6 o'snuggle time, I remember that this won't last forever. Someday the dogs will be in heaven and the kids won't want to snuggle me anymore. Then I will be left with nothing but my snoring husband to keep me awake.

And you all wonder why I am EXHAUSTED!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep - but the snuggle time sounds wonderful...

VikingMom said...

It's nice to know that I'm not alone in my crazy nights. My question is, why don't the kids ever bug dad? Billy sleeps through 95% of all the craziness and for the other 5% he's barely coherent. No wonder why men age more gracefully than women. Ugh.

VikingMom said...

By the way, that picture is awesome...I wonder if that would make a good tattoo? :)

Kristi said...

o man. i won't complain about haley's 3am wake-up calls anymore. and i think i will keep lexi in her crib until she is 13.

and our kids have stopped asking our sweet husbands for help or waking them up because they tend to not respond. maybe we should try that tactic?

Jon in HB said...

Gimme a break with that picture! Gina couldn't event tell you if we owned an ironing board, let alone where it was located!

Heidi said...

Jon - didn't you almost electrocute Gina with your iron once? Like, last Memorial Day?