CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Dirty Disco Mommy


I had such and awesome time at the Muddy Buddy. It is by ar the best race I have ever done. I LOVED the biking. The running was tolerable but the biking was AWESOME! My only complaint...all those darn people going so slow down the hills in front of me. Release the brakes people!!!

I had set the alarm for 4:30 then remembered that I needed to shave before the race. So 4am it was! We got there by 5:45. We wasted some time until the costume contest. Despite out best Egyptian dance across the stage, we did not take the prize. A very unPC Border Patrol agent and his partner in a sombrero and blanket won. They were a ton of fun.

At 7:00 it was time to line up. The waves were broken down by ages, the combined age of you and your partner. I am not saying that my partner is old, but she does mark a different category in the age bracket then I do. So we were in wave 12...12 of 13! YIKES! So after a LONG wait, we finally got going around 8:15. That was a seriously long wait. We met some fun people in our wave, had a few snacks, went potty a few times, and even got a few sprinkles on us.

After each leg of the race, you transition from biking to running or vice verca. Theoretically when you run into a transition station, your bike should be there waiting for you. I never had a bike. In fact, I always had to wait more than 3 minutes for my partner to get there with the bike. This means I ran faster than she biked. She was scared of the riding. But she did awesome and I am proud of her.

We finished 9th in our division (out of 58), which I think is awesome. Our time was 59:25 which I am sure we could shave down by 6 minutes if she can get over her fear next year. At the end of the day I felt it was so much easier than the Mud Run, she thought it was more challenging than the Mud Run. Hmmmm....

The HIGHLIGHT of the day for me was coming around a curve and hearing someone cheering for me! Sarah B was there to support her husband but managed to find me on the course and give me a bit of support! It was an awesome feeling to hear my name coming from the crowd!!

We ended the day with a few beers in the beer garden, some laughs about our crazy family, and an awesome meal at Don Joses. Cheers! Enjoy the pics. (There's more at jonmoney.blogspot.com)

Before the race


After the mud pit



An awesome picture taken by Sarah B. (pirated from her website!) This was my reaction to hearing my name in the crowd! THANK YOU SARAH!!!

The view from on top of one of the mountains


This reminds me of something you would see in a movie about some dorky college boys who are trying to get some girls. They are watching this scene from the bushes thinking they have found heaven. It is a bunch of muddy women hosing each other off! Sure, there are men there too but that doesn't fit so well in the scene.


Must finish with a beer!!! (Check out my shirt...that was totally unintentional)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You seriously rock Gina. I don't know where you get your energy - but I'm very impressed. You look amazing too. Awesome job!

Sarah B. said...

I was so tempted to take a picture of the "hosing off area" too however because Brandon was in the 1st heat it was all men so there were just a ton of men down there in their underwear..they are much more open than women...so instead I felt like I was being a perv...it was a funny sight.

Diane Davis said...

you are most certainly a hottie.