CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Total Randomness

It is amazing how many random thoughts can pop into your mind during a traffic filled drive to Tarzana. Where is Tarzana? Nowhere near where I live. But it is near Reseda. Name the movie. It is an all time favorite of mine. Here's a hint. Reseda vs. Encino.

Reseda is also the scene of a crime I commitment in Jr. High. It is where I was when I lied to my parents to cover up for my brother. A cover up I maintained until well into my 20's. And to this day, my parents do not believe the real set of events. They cling to the story as proof I was a horrible girl, flouncing around in Reseda. But I wasn't, and my ungrateful brother pretends he doesn't even remember the night. Terd.

I am wearing a belt for the first time in years. Exactly 6 years actually. The last one was a maternity belt when I was ginormous with Megan. This one is not as big. Or as stretchy. And it's pretty!

'Tis the season to spend too much money at Target. Speaking of which, they are out of bags today. They have the size for a pack of gum and the size for a bicycle...nothing in between. I guess I know where everyone was on Veterans Day!

Serafina sprained her shoulder. She's on an anti-inflammatory. That brings hed medicine count to 7. Just keeping you all up to date.

A few days ago I forgot to wash the conditioner out of my hair. I didn't realize until I was drying it with exactly 2 minutes until I had to be in the car. It ended up being the best hair day I have had in years. I even got 2 compliments. Interesting.

Since living here I have always gone to EZ Lube. It was truly EZ when it was in the Target parking lot because I could kill two birds yadda yadda yadda. But then they tore it down which forced me to go to Jiffy Lube because it is not so EZ to go to EZ Lube when the only other location is on the other side of town. So I make the move to Jiffy Lube which is fine because it is by the new Smart N Final. So again, two birds...
So last week, I run a few errands on the other side of town and hit Jiffy Lube on the way home WAY overdue for my oil change. I get home to a message on my machine from EZ Lube. As a thank you for my loyalty, they are offering me an oil change at 50% off. CRAP! I was just on their side of town. I was literally JUST at Jiffy Lube! Do they have a tracking device on me? Why didn't they call my cell. Why did I just pay full price somewhere else? Why why why????

If it is still dark out, go outside and look at the moon. it is AMAZING tonight! I looked at it the whole way home from Tarzana. Did you think of the movie yet???

I also think it is amazing that the songs my kids were born too are both #9 on their CD's. That means my OB is so precise with her surgeries that she performs them in perfect time. And their songs fit their personalities perfectly. It's cosmic. Dylan's song is How Sweet It Is by James Taylor and Megan's is In The Long Run by The Eagles. When they were younger we used to dance around the house to their songs for hours. Now we only get to it every few months but they both still think it is really cool!

So one time we were dancing to Megan's song and just let the CD play. That's when it happened. I can still clearly remember the moment I first saw the Dylan dance. It came out of nowhere at the first notes of Heartache Tonight. It is truly a sight to behold. Everyone should experience the Dylan dance once in their lives.

Speaking of music...I have the FISH at the end of my pre-programmed selections for a reason. I go there last. I go there last because I feel horrible turning off a worship song. I feel so bad cutting someone off in the middle of their praises. But there are just some songs that are not my style. Or I don't know them. Either way, I only go to the FISH when there is nothing on the other 11 stations. And I hold my breath as I push the buttons. I am usually pretty safe at night because it is usually John Tesh just giving us some top 10 list, so I turn it off right away (no offense but his lists bore me). Which leads me to wonder, why do I even hit the button if I know that I will most likely turn it off?

Megan is a name we picked randomly just because we liked it. Dylan actually picked it out of our list of names. I always knew that Megan is a variant of Margaret but I had never put something really cool together. My Mom's name is Margaret. She goes by Peggie which is possibly why it took me 6 years to make the connection. Anyhow, Megan and Margaret mean "pearl" which happens to be the ring I have always remembered my mom to wear. AND ....... they share a birthday. Again...Cosmic.

Today I held my breath and looked at the eye...an actual eye. I hate medical stuff on live people. I love forensics...can look at dead bodies all day...but the live ones gross me out! Tonight I looked through a thingy and saw the back of the eye. It is gross to think about but it wasn't half bad to look at. I still think medicine is for someone much stronger than me, however now I think I can get through this program without vomit ting on my vision professor.

One final thought...can deodorant actually make you smell? I got a free deodorant with a coupon. it is not an "off" brand, but it not the same brand I usually wear. And for some reason I feel like I stink every day. Maybe I am just not used to the smell. But I think I stink even though I shower and clean my pits daily. Someone please tell me if I stink OK???!!!

Was that RANDOM enough for you???

WAIT! A few more thoughts. In the background I am catcing up on DVR. James Taylor is playing on a show. That's the CD Dylan was born to. Hmmm...

AND...can you name my movi yet????

9 comments:

VikingMom said...

Nah...I can't name the movie. Heidi probably can because she's a walking movie encyclopedia. As for the Fish...we rarely listen to it. The bad U2 remakes were too much for me to bear, along with the formulaic songs that all sound alike. Is it bad that our kids listen to Jack 93.1 on Sunday mornings instead? (On all the other days too.)

Diane Davis said...

i LOVE this post. so many gems in it.

I think Daniel Son from the Karate Kid lived in Receda. No?

Sarah B. said...

I am thinking Karate Kid too. I just love random info. :)

Kamdyn said...

don't know the moview but it has to be something with kevin bacon in it

Kristi said...

Wow. that was a lot to take in. I love your random thoughts. And I haven't noticed you stinking. Probably because I stink more than a 400 pound man who ate fried garlic cloves for dinner. I have no idea what is wrong with me. I have had this condition since middle school when my mom use to say "I can tell whose laundry I am doing because yours stinks worse than anyone." WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY PITS? They are broken. There is NO deoderant that works, and I have to pre-soak my shirts in detergent before I can even wash them. I have issues. That concludes my random thoughts.

Diane Davis said...

i came back to see if i was right about the karate kid.

it is not nice to leave me hanging like this, gina. not nice at all.

isn't there a tom petty song about receda too? free falling? "it's a long day, living in receda..."

discomommy said...

Ding ding ding ding ding! you win Diane! Karate Kid! You got it too Sarah! :0) Maybe someday I will share the Reseda story!

Don said...

OH MY GOSH.... I haven't laughed out loud this much reading a blog since . . . well, ever. Lyn's trying to watch CSI (which happens to be FULL of Korean actors tonight. I think they hired everyone in Vegas' Koreatown as extras!!!) and I'm sitting here laughing my rear end off.

I could write pages of comments on this blog, Gina. Absolutely brilliant stream-of-consciousness stuff here. My sides are hurting from laughing.

Oooh...speaking of cosmic. I just realized that the Karate Kid featured a bunch of Korean actors too. Perhaps it was providential that I'd be reading your blog about KK at the exact moment I'm trying to watch CSI featuring a bunch of Korean actors.

Wow...the idea of being born to certain songs is a totally new concept to me. I love it. Do all hip parents do that these days???

Thanks for this post, Gina....made my week!

Lyn said...

Hilarious! I had to see what Don was laughing about all night. That was great! How do you come up with all those thoughts? You are a gem! Keep 'em coming!