CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

I Love Sundays!

I really truly love Sundays. Today was no exception. We always start with Church, best way to start the day. I love our Church and am so grateful we found the perfect fit for us on our first try! Early afternoon we did a few maintenance projects around the house. The kids watched a movie and went to the neighbors while I went to my game. Jon napped and went to work.

We lost, but it was a great game 19 to 20. We are now leading only by one game with two left in the season. After the game I took my kids and a neighbor friend to the small skateboard park by HBHS. This was our first experience there and it was awesome. Dylan was fearless jumping right in there with the twenty-somethings that were "shredding". The neighbor was more timid but I still think he had fun.

My favorite part of Sundays is always from 5-8. The kids and I get to have Kids Choice for dinner and wind down early. We read some books and got settled in bed. I did a quick run through of the house and now I am ready to work and watch my shows! I love having a quiet house by 8pm!

Here's some pictures from the skate park. My son amazes me!


7 comments:

Heidi said...

Such fun pictures! So what do you serve for Kids Choice dinner? Hope likes to have "Orange Dinner." Mac and cheese (no hot dogs cut up as they don't fit the color scheme), baby carrots, baby oranges and cheetos - all served on an orange plate; but, she has to have Strawberry milk to drink when she eats Orange Dinner. And - Mac and Cheese is yellow not orange - but hey. She thinks it's awesome. : )

discomommy said...

Kids choice is just that, whatever they want. I eat a salad or tuna or sometimes just pass altogether. Their usual choice is Frozen pizza for D and Mac-n-cheese for Meg. I know I have friend whos children would choose Sushi, but I like that their favorites are easy for me and we get moe time together! I had never heard of the dogs in the mac-n-cheese until meeting Jon, I still think it is weird.

Thanks for posting a comment. I was beginning to think I am a bore. i guess all of the usual Blog commenters are out of town huh??!!

Heidi said...

yeah - the blogosphere is a little quiet lately hasn't it?

I LOVE frozen pizza. Not the good kind - but the really awful, generic grocery store frozen pizza. You know the kind - with the cubed pepperoni instead of sliced and the clumpy cheese that doesn't melt evenly. Totally my fave. Although I like Digiorno as well. Hope loves the little English Muffin Pizzas (with cut up hot dogs instead of pepperoni). Always with the cut up hotdogs...

I'm watching Little House right now. The one where Albert gets hooked on morphine and barfs milk. It's a little heavy...

VikingMom said...

Frozen pizza, barfing milk and cut up hot dogs. Heidi's comments are always interesting.

When I was little it we didn't have the hot dogs to put in the Mac and Cheese we'd dice up bologna instead. My kids usually go for pancakes (as seen on my blog the other day), spaghetti or the Mac.

They do eat real food on the other nights, but when Daddy's out of town Mommy likes to keep things nice and simple.

Heidi said...

Dinosaur chicken nuggets from Costco! I forgot about those. They're Jack's favorite.

Diane Davis said...

Ok, I'm not even talking about kids... but I as an adult love those little $1.39 cent Totonio's pizza. No, I don't eat them anymore, but if I'm feeling a little depressed this cheap little pizza is on my list. Must be a childhood memory thing.

I haven't been commenting, but I am still reading up on all of you. I didn't know there was a retreat so I also noticed that things were very quiet. I just thought you were all in recovery from the rave...

Heidi said...

RAVE! Let's rave again soon - it was so fun. Gina!!!! Where are you??