CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Sheltered Children

My children are so sheltered.

Jon and I are both in need of new sandals so we decided to go to the swap meet. Jon bought his there before we were married so the time was way overdue! I was just looking for some cheap flip flops. The adventure was really for our kids since they had never been to the swap meet. They grabbed their wallets and were very excited! At one of the booths there was some skate boards, punk shirts and what I can only refer to as alternative jewelry I guess. Let's just say it was jewelry my kids have never seen before. So after looking at the skateboards, the kids were looking in this case of tongue rings and had the following conversation:

Dylan: Megan, wow look at those!
Megan: What are they (whispering with her eyes really wide)
Dylan: Those are little tiny wheels and trucks for tiny skateboards. SWEET!
Megan: WOW!

Seriously, they are way too sheltered. They didn't even believe us when we told them what they really are! So Jon got his tongue pierced to convince them!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow - that's impressive. Hmmm... Did have some work done on his chin too? I hear that there's something for everyone at the swap meet - even a "Plastic surgery while you wait" booth.

I LOVE shopping there - they have fantastic produce - and millions of pairs of ultra cheap sunglasses.

Hey - nice job on the links! :)

VikingMom said...

Nice. If you want you kids to have a real education just drag them into the Electric Chair. :) Just joking of course!

I haven't been to a swap meet for years (or even a garage sale for that matter.) I've mulled it over a couple of times: sale or sleeping in? Sleeping in has won hands down everytime. Maybe if I went to bed before 1 in the morning I'd be able to wake up early enough for such fun.

Kristi said...

now now. i fell for kurt's stupid sign thing. i'm not falling for this one!

i love your sweet naive children. i miss them.