CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

John and Kate!


For the past few months my obsession has been watching John and Kate Plus 8 marathons on Monday nights. John and Kate are my age, and they have 8 kids. A set of twins and a set of six (I can't spell the technical word!). I enjoy watching the chaos that is their life. But it is good chaos! Their kids are adorable. Kate is very organized (a trait I admire), John is very sarcastic (is this starting to sound like my home?) They wear everything on their sleeves. Sometimes they argue, sometimes they are stressed beyond words, sometimes they are just going through the motions, sometimes they are having tons of fun! Whatever it is they are experiencing on that episode, it helps me start my week off feeling like "I CAN DO THIS!". This strange, scary, challenging, exciting, wonderful thing they call motherhood is a blessing. Seriously, when you need a reality check, turn on this show. Your life will seem like a cake walk!

6 comments:

Sarah B. said...

I LOVE this show...they crack me up. And the drama, wow, the drama. But I have learned that my 2 cranky kids are a walk in the park compared to 8 well behaved children. I couldn't even begin to imagine it.

VikingMom said...

Tamila and her friends are obsessed with this show. Maybe that's a good thing...kind of a psychological form of birth control. Either that, or it will turn all of them into future Duggars. (You know the family of 17 kids that is now working on #18.)

Tena said...

I watch this for the same reason Gina! People are always bashing Kate for something, but I admire her, she has it together, although I suppose she has to with that many kids, but it does give me great motivation!

Heidi said...

I've never heard of it. I'll have to give it a try.

Kristi said...

oh yes...i do love this. i should start tivoing it.

it does make me feel like i can be a mom. i have 2...she has 8. yowzers.

Billy said...

Tamila was upset that you spelled Jon wrong (she's a big fan) and she could not believe Heidi hasn't seen it. All in all she was pleased to find others enjoy this show.